Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The most divine Zucchini

I like zucchini but I never knew I could be in love with it until I made Zucchini Au Gratin.  I love Potato Au Gratin so why not Zucchini? I really wasn't sure what I was doing when I made the Zucchini I am not even sure you can call it Au Gratin but, Papie said it reminded him of potato Au Gratin so I went with it.  Were running out of food in the house and I needed to go to the grocery store ASAP but I had a lot of miscellaneous things in the fridge I wanted to use. So in to the baking dish it all went!

Ingredients

Olive Oil
4-5 Small to Medium Zucchini
1 cup cheddar cheese (I'm sure any cheese would be delicious but cheddar is all I had on hand)
1/4 Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1  teaspoon spoon salt
1/2 table spoon garlic powder
fresh cracked ground pepper
1 table spoon dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 table spoons butter.


Grease baking dish with olive oil so cheese doesn't stick.  Cut Zucchini into round slices that aren't to thin so they have a little bit of a bite to them.  Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs and butter in a medium size bowl and then transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of zucchini and slice up butter into cubes and spread over bread crumbs so breadcrumbs will get a nice golden crunch to them.

Bake for 350 degrees for 50 min



I think this will be a great side for Thanksgiving!!  Hope you enjoy it!

Love CWH

No comments:

Post a Comment