Monday, October 4, 2010

Super Easy Tomato Pasta

On average I get to eat dinner with Papie once a week and every other weekend.  So with my busy schedule I do most of my cooking on my  days off or when I get home at midnight.  So I need quick fix and some what healthy meals I can cook in a short amount of time.  Also, this recipe includes ingredients I always have in my pantry. This no fuss pasta is one of those quick and yummy meals that only gets better the longer it sits in the fridge. On average the prep time is 15 min and there is minimum amount of dishes and clean up when I'm done.  


Ingredients


Butter
  • 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 table spoon minced garlic
  • 8 ounces penne pasta
  • 1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
  • 1/4 cup dried parsley
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon  black pepper
  • 4 to 5 very ripe, extra-large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices









Directions

Preheat  oven to 450 Degree and place oven rack in the center of the oven
Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish
In a blender blend together the crushed tomatoes and garlic
Mix the following ingredients in a medium bowl uncooked pasta, 1/3 cup olive oil, parsley, salt, and pepper
Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with tomato slices.


Pour the pasta mixture on top of the tomato's



Arrange the remaining tomato slices on top of the pasta mixture


Drizzle with olive oil


Bake for 1 hour until the tomatoes are slightly crispy and the pasta is cooked 


The final product, its like heaven in your mouth. 


Delicioso!!!!!


Hope you enjoy this super easy yummy pasta dish.  This pasta is great alone or accompanied with grilled chicken or fish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment