Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why I call Jose "Papie"

This is Jose my hubster. I think he is one fine looking Mexi-can! Doesn't he look slick in those shades? If he knew I was posting a picture of him without his knowledge he would kill me. So to play it safe I have not reveled his true identity.

Me and Jose dated for 7 years before we got married. So in the 9 years that I have been exposed to the Mexican/Latino culture I have noticed that lots of people call there spouses or children "Mommy/ Papie". So why the heck not! That's why I call my Latin Lova "Papie" because it seems to be the Hispanic thing to do.

I am not at all Mexican. I was born and raised in the Great Lake State, MI. My parents migrated here from the Philippines in there early thirties. So to "Papie's" family I am practically Mexican.

No comments:

Post a Comment